Once LCE has been generating electricity for 4 months we will send you a form that you will need to complete and submit to the HMRC. The tax relief can be claimed usually against your self-assessment tax return of the tax year in which the shares were issued or an adjustment to any self-assessment payment on account due. You will have to make the claim on your tax return when you get it.

If you pay your income tax through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) you can request a change to your tax code.